I'm caught up once again after a year sewing hiatus.
So here goes......
First up is the Carousel Dress.
I really like the details in the dress, especially the pockets.
Since Miss C suits an A-line style dress therefore I made View B for her, size 7 and used a very dark navy chambray.
I told her to look serious and she didn't fail with the expression :)
The dress went together rather quickly, easily and the instructions were clear.
I'd like to make this dress again if her mum wants me to.
I also like that this dress calls for topstitching details so I used green thread throughout.
Next up is the Hide and Seek Tunic/Dress pattern.
Since Miss C wears a lot of tunic tops, it was a no brainer to make the tunic version, View B with View A sleeves.
Again, the pattern went together quickly, easily and with a good result.
I made size 7 and used brushed cotton for the bodice and sleeves and a cotton twill for the bib section.
I am thinking about using the same cotton twill to make skinny jeans to match. All in good time.
Then I made the Butterfly Blouse and Top.
I am more than please with the results of this pattern.
The skirt went together in a flash. I used kelly green linen. Size 7.
For the peplum blouse, I used a lace cotton and lined it with batiste.
She had navy shoes and a navy hair bow to wear with this outfit but the pink shoes, bow and bangles were handy and they work too.
The last item I made for her before making something for her brother, was the pattern called
Lunchbox Tee and Culottes.
The knit top went together quickly but in hindsight, should have used a heavier weight knit. I used a lighter weight ponte de roma but found more stabilizer was needed to keep the pockets from sagging.The Tee is size 7 and it's at bit snug.
The culottes on the other hand were a complete fail. I went by the size chart and made her a size 8. They were huge. I even cut off 3 inches from the hem.
I won't bother making the culottes until she's older. Right now, she isn't interested in that style.
Moving on to the last pattern, Parachute Polo and Sweatpants, I made something for Mr. A.
He is 4 years old and usually wears size 5 RTW, therefore I made size 5 and between me taking his measurements and making the shirt, he grew!
The buttons need to be added to this shirt but he was a willing model to I seized the moment to get a photo.
The lighting in my sewing area is not very good at all. The black collar and placket proved to be a daunting task given poor lighting and I'm not at all happy with the outcome.
Talk about using the force while sewing blind!
I want to make this shirt again however next time, make the sleeves a little longer and use a lighter coloured collar ..... or stadium lighting if I go with black again.
So there we have it. At least one view of all the patterns (including the free ones) from Oliver + S.
Done and done!