However my model would only pose if she could make silly faces.
The collar and cuff is black velvet and trimmed with black lace. It looks a little Goth to me paired with the dark purple and black check in the fabric.
The fabric is a poly blend so it doesn't hold the knife pleats all that well. It's also got a bad case of static cling as can be seen at the armscye.
I found these interesting buttons in my stash.
This is size 4.
Notes to self:
- for front pleats don't bother basting, just stitch 2.0
- slip a little stabilizer in the buttonhole section of the placket.
- make a hem facing
- if using larger buttons than 12mm, make an extension on the button section reinforcing with stabilizer
- refer to this video for the back inverted placket from Children's Corner.
- only use fabric that will hold knife pleats sharply