Friday, January 1, 2010

First project completed.

There are 2 meters of this fabric in my stash. Here's what I did with it to try and use it all up.

The dress and bloomers are from Simplicity 4243 and the bonnet Simplicity 2908.

For this project I got to use the 3mm rolled hemmer that I haven't had a chance to use before now. Plus I used the pointy tool. I don't know what it's called, but it was handy.

Instead of casing, as called for in the pattern, I chose to zigzag over elastic.

I used to use this method years ago when I made smocked dresses for my daughters. It's easy.

The results are good too.

I also got to use some tracing paper and the tracing wheel. Two items I haven't used in years.

So here's the dress completed.

The bonnet.

The bloomers.

The outfit on Caitlin.

I have a 1/2 meter of the fabric left over. I'm thinking of assembling scraps of 30's fabric and make a baby quilt. Another project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment