Friday, November 11, 2011

Home Dec on Deck

The weather is beginning to turn, albeit in a roller coaster fashion going from mild to chilly and back again, but this morning there was a very light dusting of snow on the railing.  Once the sun rises, it'll be gone.  However this change in weather hearld's a new season .......  sewing season!


First up on deck is a home dec project.
My daughter bought a quilt and sham from Pottery Barn Kids for Caitlin's 'big girl bed'.  She asked if I could make two pillows to match.  I think they turned out well.

With leftover fabric I made Polly Dolly.  She is basically a stick figure; triangular dress in fashion fabric, head, arms and legs in muslin.  I made the pattern myself, it was very easy.


Polly Dolly is a sister to Molly Dolly.  I made Molly years ago. She was the prototype and a favourite doll for Caitlin when she comes to visit.


And if you ever want a friend to join you at a Tea Party in Grandma's Gazebo (a.k.a. Zee-gee-bo), then Molly Dolly is your gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment