Monday, April 16, 2012

Testing

I only have this week to complete a Baptism outfit.
My daughter wants white linen overalls with a smocked insert and a white shirt with perhaps some blue stitching here and there.
So I sent her this blue corduroy overall and white cotton shirt to test for size. 
The overalls need to be lengthened as does the waist  and of course a smocked insert will be on the final outfit.



The shirt fits but the collar needs to be closer at the front neck. I'm not happy with the feather stitch. Next one will have just straight double stitching. There will be entre deux on the sleeves just as this one has.


There are few other tweaks needed for this outfit, but this test run has worked out just fine.  I drafted the pattern for the overall myself.


I don't mean to be biased but isn't my grandson just the cutest little baby ever? 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I can't wait to view the final result on that cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Adorable! I love heirloom outfits like this.

    ReplyDelete