Sunday, February 11, 2018

Mouse House

Years ago I saw a sweet little mouse house using an Altoid box. One day when Miss C gets older, I thought, we could make one together.

Well that 'one day' has arrived.

I bought a box of Altoids, and they are indeed curiously strong mints. Powerful might be a better term.

We glued a piece of felt on top and she decorated it with felt flowers.



Next, we cut out a piece of white brushed corduroy for the mouse body, I stitched on the face and limbs, ears and C stuffed and stitched it closed. We also made a tiny pillow and blanket.


There is an excellent tutorial to make a pocket sized mouse house here


I bought 2 boxes of Altoids so perhaps we'll make another little pocket sized house for a tiny bear next.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. You are the loveliest Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling! Such a clever idea. I'm sure you both had fun making it.

    ReplyDelete