Friday, April 16, 2010

Caitlin's Birthday Dress

Caitlin will be turning 1 on May 2nd. I made this dress with her birthday photo in mind.

It took forever to get the monogram to space properly. It still isn't the greatest but it's the best I can do.

I started by centering the G using 30mm size. Then backed up, and centered the C using 12mm and increased the stitch width to 6.0 and the stitch length to 6.0. That made the C bigger than just 12mm.
Then I moved the needle forward and stitched the E, using the same sizing.

It's 12 month size. I used the Float Dress pattern for the collar that was inside another pattern,

called Ashtyne's Heirloom dress. It was really easy to make and worked up fast. Except, of course for monogram business.

The fabric is a pique of sorts. It was called French cotton where I bought it. It's a beautiful powder blue, unlike the grey that it seems to appear in this photo!

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!! Perfect for a first birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet dress! It will make a lovely portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome dress. Very girly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete