Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tinny Flip #1


The first version of the Tinny dress for Flip This Pattern is more or less a wearable muslin.
I made it up quickly to see how it would fit as well as how it would be received.

For inspiration I looked at vintage patterns because the Tinny dress certainly has a vintage feel.




I came up with this........


I know, it's kind of lame and all I really did was dissect the bodice to put in some white. The sleeves are lengthened a little bit and the cuff is a simple white band because I was in a hurry.  But hey, it is flipping ... isn't it?

With dress in hand I asked Miss C.,  who was busy having fun at her brothers birthday party,  to try on the dress.

She agreed most willingly, except she wasn't prepared to take off her t-shirt and shorts, so the dress went over the lot and I followed her around like the paparazzi.



She loved the dress.  Her mom loved the dress.  And they both loved how it twirled.


 "Make more," they said.  


"I'll get right on it," I replied.


So another Tinny is on the way that has been Flipped.

9 comments:

  1. How I loooooove that dress! It's not lame in the slightest... gee whiz.

    There's a little girl I've met here in Cold Lake who is crazy about dresses. She wears one every day and when she's naughty, as punishment her parents make her put on pants. Can you believe it? She would LOVE a dress this twirly. I would totally pay you to make one to give to her, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Deb, it's wonderful! And definitely better WITH the belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were discussing the other day the possibility of you participating this month and flipping the Tinny - stating, "If she leaves the circle skirt, her grandaughter is going to LOVE it." WHOOP, WHOOP! Can't wait to see her wardrobe of Tinnys before it is said and done....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new pattern like a whole in the head but I cannot bear NOT to have this one.
    Where did you get it? I adore it and it would look awesome on Tildy.

    Your granddaughter looks divine, I love this dress so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is so cute! I love the twirly skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is absolutely charming. I love how you echoed the bodice treatment from the heirloom pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress definitely has a vintage vibe! As does the print that you used. Very pretty and with plenty of twirl power!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally in love with your flip, The color, the fabric and the style = "wow" factor. Even want this one for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so not boring. I think the fabric is lovely and with the panel of white in the front and that piping it makes it more modern. This is a great color scheme and your girl looks like she loves it :)

    ReplyDelete