|Used every scrap of these fabrics.|
Because there wasn't a lot of this fabric, but enough to make a dress, I had to get creative cutting out the pieces. The paisley pattern gets cut off at the top on the skirt portion as there just wasn't enough to jiggle the pattern piece any other way. The bottom looks a little uneven, but that's just the bubble effect and it hasn't been washed yet.
Apparently, everything I make smells a little like fire. No wonder. We heat with wood and I usually do my hand stitching in front of the fireplace. So this item will go through the washer and get ironed just before it leaves here.
Getting back to cutting, the bodice is also a off balance. There just wasn't enough fabric to get the paisley pieces even. Therefore to divert the eye, I made a big flower from bias binding, a yo-yo and a button.
Chances are, Caitlin will be wiggling and hopping around, therefore no will notice any of these details.
I stitched the bias binding into a tube shape and using a Fast Turn, slipped cording into the bias tube. I cut them into 5 6" strips, looped them and stitched them together.
I used up all of the remaining green dot for the lining in the bodice.........
......and in the hem.
|Lucy looking in.|
Lastly, the hat is size small and the dress is 24 months.