On the front facing, I pinked the lower edge ( in the middle section) so that when it all folds together at the 3 pleats, it isn't as bulky. However I neglected to pink the front hem facing in the same spot. The hem facing is serged, and is bulky at the 3 pleat spot.
Next dress was a smocked dress using the pattern Isabelle by Wendy Schoen.
I really like the sleeve cuff.
Here's what the pattern piece looks like.
But I'm not happy with the front smocked section. For some reason, it wasn't wide enough and therefore the smocking became distorted when I stretched it to fit the front yoke.
I am really sure I cut the front piece to the correct size but who knows. Maybe I didn't.
Over the years I've made zillions of smocked dresses and this is the first one that's horribly distorted. Perhaps I'm just losing it!
I used 2 strands of Floche for the smocking and 1 strand of Floche for the bullion roses.
The last dress is the Pop Over Sundress by Oliver + S. It's a free download from HERE.
I didn't mean to have a green hem panel but I cut the dress short by accident therefore, I needed to add the hem section. Perhaps I am indeed losing it!
I put an extra large pocket on the front and plan to get a little toy to hide inside it.
I've got 2 more dresses cut out and ready to go. Despite sewing up a storm lately, my stash doesn't seem to be depleting very quickly.