However my objective is to try and stay focused and use up my stash.
Well that plan was dashed last week when I just happened to pass by a quilt store with a SALE table out front. One of the bolts on the sale table was the very Poppy Field fabric by Michael Miller I so admired and it was only $5.00 per meter.
It doesn't take much to make me fall off the wagon.
I used the popular Geranium pattern from Made by Rae.
The view I made is very similar to the Oliver + S 'Bubble' dress and 'Roller Skate' dress in terms of the sleeve treatment.
The only change I made to the pattern was on the back skirt opening.
I added a small extension on one skirt back side so that both skirt backs pieces could butt right to the corners of the bodice back thus the centre back seams would lie side by side accommodating the overlap on the bodice back.
Normally, I would cut the back skirt on the fold and slash the top edge adding a placket. But I didn't have enough fabric to do that.
From scraps of the orange poppy field background, I made piping and added it to the sleeve and neck edges.
I understand this pattern is going to be available in larger sizes. Right now the Bubble dress and Geranium dress go to size 5.
I am pleased with the results but not sure how it will be received. No matter. I had $5 worth of fun making it.