Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hannah dress

I saw this dress some time ago and wondered what the collar and front bodice pieces would look like.
So I asked my friend Judith who knows everything about sewing and is a designer herself having published lots of patterns, what it would look like. She sent me a drawing with directions how to make those pieces myself.

Well the fog set in as I attempted to make my own draft and thought, "oh what the heck, I'll buy the pattern."
I had also read somewhere that this pattern maker was no longer in business. Yikes!
After the Village Frock lesson that I learned the hard way, I scoured the internet and found the pattern for sale on Etsy and bought it right away.

I made size 5 using hot pink linen.


The directions were clear and easy to follow and I was able to make the dress quickly.
Seam allowances are not included and the designer gives clear instructions on where to add 3/8 and 5/8 SA when tracing out the pieces.

On the pattern, the front closure is a little rectangle with domes (snaps) for fasteners.  I chose to put a huge bow on the little closure.


The bow was rather heavy so it needed not only a dome (snap) to fix it to the rectangle but also a few stitches to hold it in place.



I wasn't thinking (still in that fog) when I added topstitching to the collar. The bobbin thread is showing on the outside of the collar. 


Overall, I'm happy with the results of this sweet little dress.

I'm still playing with light and exposure though. It's going to rain soon .... thunder boomers and all ... so I had to get this photo right away instead of waiting until later.



Hannah dress by Yeppar.

I think this dress would be ideal for winter using a pinwale corduroy and underneath a mock turtle neck and leggings.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this pattern before (I'm also still suffering due to the "lost" Village Frock).
    It's really cute and I do love the added bow - love the styling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cute dress! I like the big bow that you added to the front.:)

    ReplyDelete