Last night after dinner as I was about to tidy up my sewing space, pattern pieces for both the Hannah dress and Roller Skate dress (made the previous day) lay beckoning me on the
So I thought, "hey, why not marry these two patterns together?"
Well I did and this is the outcome.
I'm not crazy about the two buttons for the closure. To me, they look like a couple of Owls eyes.
My initial intention was to have a big aqua bow.
I asked my husband at 10 p.m. last night his opinion and he felt the buttons looked better than a bow might look. In hindsight, he probably said the first thing that jumped into his head so he could get back to his movie!!
The other thing I'm not happy about is the quality of the fabric. It was 'craft end' that I had intended to use for dolly items or making dress-ups. The fabric was distorted and horrible to iron. However this was merely a fun project ... an experiment .... that gave me something to do because I didn't want to watch the movie my husband was viewing!
Another "Flip This Pattern" entry for my favourite Alabama sisters.
Edited later to add the aqua bow......I think this looks much better ....and I shall not ask my husband again for his sartorial opinion!!