One of the items on my bucket list is to make a swimsuit.
Today was the day and guess what .... it was easy peasy lemon squeezy!
I used the pattern and followed the tutorial from here at Zaaberry.blogspot.com/
I had already cut out the main pattern pieces a week or so ago but hadn't got around to assembling it.
Caitlin insisted I make it today and she also insisted on sitting on my knee while sewing it together.
Needless to say this bathing suit was hastily made and the stitches are beyond wonky. The main thing is it fit, and I actually made a swimmy!
I didn't have the right width-size elastic and had to cut strips off ... hastily. The good news was I had Miss C. with me all the time to try it on as we progressed.
After she posed for me, she went for a swim. It was decided later the straps should just sit on the shoulders as opposed to crossing at the back. Easy alteration.
And maybe add some more ruffles to the front .. maybe across the outside leg opening too because Caitlin said it would make her swim faster!
At any rate, I MADE a swimsuit and it turned out not too bad.