I made the Oliver + S pattern named Playtime Dress and Leggings.
It calls for topstitching the facing to create the image of a collar, pockets outline and stitching to highlight hems.
Instead of plain topstitching, I decided to use the quilt stitch on my machine. On the test sample it looked and worked just fine. However when it came to stitching on the dress, well, it didn't work just fine. And where is it most noticeable? Why, right on the front of the collar, of course. Gah!
The leggings worked up lightening fast with out stitching issues.
Using a strip of legging fabric, I made a detachable little rosette for the dress.
So here is my efforts for a cold day: dress, leggings, rosette and fascinator. The dress is size 5 and it looks rather limp hanging on the size 2 dress form.
It's -27 oC outside when I took these photos and my fingers started to freeze. It's impossible to click a shutter wearing gloves.
So I came indoors to get a photo of the back of the dress and defrost my hands in front of the fire.
The buttonholes didn't work out very well on the fabric; ponte de roma knit. When I cut open the hole, most of the stitching came out too leaving a fluffy, frayed opening. I hand stitched the threads back in place, however I'm not very happy with the outcome of the buttonholes.
The dress and leggings are both size 5.
The pattern was very easy to make with only the topstitching being somewhat time consuming.