Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fifth Christmas dress completed.

I've  had this velveteen in my stash for ever it seems.  It's dark green and under certain lighting conditions, it has a sheen to it.  In this photo, it looks like the green sheen you'd see on a Ruby Throated Hummingbird!
It looks better in person than under this light ...  daylight, against white snow and the flash kept going off. Plus the lens kept fogging up going from inside our warm cottage to outside where the wind chill is -15 C.
 

I used the Bubble Dress but modified the bodice in order to add long sleeves.  This pattern works up really quickly and bonus, my daughter really likes the style.  So I'll be making a lot more of these dresse come the new year.

I used my walking foot to control the velvet as it wanted to shift under the presser foot.  However, I had a real problem putting on the gold piping.  There is no such thing as a piping/cording walking foot.  Too bad because it would have come in handy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so beautiful! I love the red plaid bow against the hummingbird green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trooper to brave the elements just so we could see this sweet little dress! Love the contrast of the bow against the dark green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll, I can see your fingers a blur as you whip out these awesome creations. Dont know how you do it.

    Perfect photo against the snow backdrop.. Brrr... hope you are warm now.

    ReplyDelete