Friday, December 31, 2010

Hop Scotch pattern

I am really enjoying the Oliver + S patterns.  They are easy to follow, size accurate and even though I've been sewing for decades, no,  more like a half century, I seem to learn something new from each pattern. And the Hop Scotch pattern is no exception.

Knits have never been my forté.  Sure, over the years I've made a knit items but overall I've gravitated to wovens for sewing projects.

This pattern was designed for knits.  My daughter prefers knits because she doesn't have to iron knit garments. (Sounds like my elderly mother!) And you know, it was easy peasy to make and I actually learned something new about my sewing machine too!
 


Knit dress, size 2. This knit was probably more suitable for a cardigan, but it worked well for the dress.



Size 18-24 months. I made knit leggings to match, (size 1 from a McCalls pattern) and I suspect they are a little too large.

Purple butterfly button on the top.

Knit top size 2T.  I didn't have enough scrap yellow pinwale cord to make the Hop Scotch skirt.  So I adapted the principles of the Lazy Day skirt and added some hot pink velvet trim that matched the hot pink of the flower in the knit print.


I feel that I have accomplished not only sewing with knits and functions of my sewing machine but also I busted a little more of my stash before the end of the year.

Looking forward to next year's stash bustin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment