Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More vintage fabric

Way back in the early 80's I was a Laura Ashely fanatic.

I had Laura Ashely dresses.

Laura Ashley home dec fabric.

Laura Ashley wallpaper.

And of course yards and yards of Laura Ashley fabric.

Here a sun dress I made today with vintage Laura Ashley cotton fabric from my stash.



It's Size 3 using the re-sized Itty Bitty Dress that can be downloaded here.

On this project, I got to use my ruffler attachment that's been sitting in a box for a year or two waiting for me to try it out. This skirt ruffle was set at 6 and I cut twice the hem circumference from the white fabric.

I still have lots of this fabric leftover so maybe I will make a sunhat and some undies.
 

FYI: Laura Ashley died in 1985 from complications after falling down stairs at her daughters country home where she had been celebrating her 60th birthday. The company is still in business but to me,  the fabrics just don't seem to be as fabulous as they were when she was the designer.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is the sweetest little sundress! A matching hat and bloomers would be adorable.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of my favorite colors! Cute!

    ReplyDelete