Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Apron and Doll

My daughter called and asked me to make an apron and doll as part of a birthday gift for one of Caitlin's friends.
She wanted me to use this pattern.


I made View A for Caitlin in size 3 and she wanted exactly the same for the birthday gift.  Except it had to be in black and white polka dots or stripes.  And no red at all anywhere.


I had some black with white polka dot fabric in my stash but had to purchase the white with black polka dot fabric.
It's size 3 and works up quickly if you don't make a zillion mistakes as I managed to do.
The photo isn't very good and the background isn't the greatest but it's the best I can do.


She wanted a stick drawing doll too which is basically a pattern drawn like a stick figure and then made in fabric.  It also had to have brown wool hair and attached like it was drawn on.


I hope the pink smile isn't too reddish looking because the child it is going to has a fear of the colour red.
Weird, eh?

2 comments: