There are several projects waiting to be stitched together but once again I got sidetracked and made a smocked dress instead.
I was able to cut, pleat, smock and assemble this little dress in one day.
Plus I used up some ancient fabric.
The pattern is from Wendy Schoen and I've made it before. I really liked the cuff on the sleeve but I didn't have enough fabric to make sleeves.
I didn't even have enough fabric to make little caps like these that appeared in Sew Beautiful #81 (2002)
Because there was a huge flaw in the fabric too, I wasn't able to use the full 42" width for each front and back section. There was only 36" for each section but it worked out well just the same.
I don't like the rick-rack trim on the collar.
Plus, the armhole might be too large.
In my button box, there are 8 cherry shaped buttons which I'd like to use on a cardigan to match this dress.
But I'd have to make the cardigan.
So I'll add that to the to-do list.