Something went wrong with the collar, though. There wasn't enough room for a buttonhole plus the fabric was too thick even if there was room. Fabric is a pique. I'm not sure what I goofed up on but something is amiss.
I will make another shirt using thinner fabric and maybe discover where I went wrong with this shirt.
On the pants, I used flat felled seams throughout. I used a twin needle for the top stitching which I managed to goof up on the corners of the pockets.
I had already goofed up on the shirt so why not continue with the pants!
The topstitching on the back pockets also went a little off kilter too. Hey, at least I'm consistent!
The pants fabric is a stretch twill and it didn't iron well in terms of holding a good crease. Maybe thats the problem....the fabric....not the seamstress.
Both shirt and pants are size 2. The pants fit Adam perfectly and while I haven't tried on the shirt, I'm sure it will fit just fine.
When I was changing feet during this project, I notice that the coating on the bottom of my 1/4" foot was wearing off and it's only 4 years old.
At any rate, I found the time during this busy past week to sew a shirt and pants. Our little cottage is presently full of guests so my planned entry for next weeks theme for PR&P 'Love is in the Air' may not get done.