This was an incredibly easy pattern to construct and follow. I whipped it up in no time. It's Size 2. The free download pattern is available from here.
Using gingham from my stash, I thought the front might be a good palette to apply an applique.
I drew a flower shape onto Steam and Seam, fused it to yellow gingham, then cut and fused it to the pink background.
Because the gingham is so sheer, I decided not to satin stitch around the edges thinking it might pucker the fabric.
I found some flower shaped buttons to stitch in the middle of the flowers.
Overall, it's kind of 70's looking. The flowers are a cliche of that era and gingham does have that retro effect, I think.
But hey, I used up most of the remaining green gingham, a lot of the pink, but there's still a meter of the yellow left to use.