Despite setting my camera on "beach/snow' there is still a lot of glare from the snow on the ground. While this dress is bright orange it's not as glaring as this photo suggests. Oh well.
I was able to whip this one up in just a few hours. The piping took the most time.
I omitted the collar as shown in the pattern. I wasn't sure what colour the collar should be, so I just left it off.
I made Size 1.
Here's my messy sewing room. It's been a slow process using up my stash, however, I've stumbled on another way to 'bust my stash'.
On the weekend, my son came to visit bringing three friends with him. One of the friends, a girl, after seeing my sewing space commented on how she was planning to make a baby quilt using black and white toile. So I reached into a box a pulled out about a 1/2 meter of b&w toile as well as some accent fabric. I was able to give her more than enough to make a baby quilt.
Then she commented on how she doesn't have a sewing machine. So I gave her one. Plus a rotary cutter, a large quilters plastic ruler and a bunch of quilting books. I'm happy those items went to a good home!
On a sewing blog that I follow, a woman has the same type of doors (and shelves) as I do. I'm only posting the door so she can see the similarity. These aren't exactly your run of the mill doors, hence the uniqueness of the similarity.