Tuesday, February 8, 2011


I had some lovely French cotton that I used to make this sweet little dress about a year ago.  It turned out well and I was happy with the results.  Well, maybe not with the embroidery part as I'm still trying to figure out how to center letters.

With the leftover fabric, I made up this dress and I'm not happy with the results.

The fabric is so light, that the inside pocket shows.   Mostly, I think the dress looks like something the school nurse back in the 60's would wear.  Originally, I was going to use some French cotton that was navy, but thought it might be too dark for a toddler.  And the buttons aren't white enough. 

This fabric creases like crazy so I doubt my daughter will like this one at all.

Oh well.  Chalk this up to experience.


  1. dont be so hard on yourself, to my eyes its pefect. I know when we make stuff we know where every (so called flaw)is but its only us that picks our work apart. I love it!

  2. Thanks Tammy. But still think this dress is calling out for Dr. Kildare!

  3. It looks great to me. It will be easy to iron with its simple lines!